Sweet n sour curry
Servings: 2 Time: 35 minutes Difficulty: easy
Isn’t curry such a comfort food? It’s like a warm hug for your soul, especially in the colder seasons. We love all kinds of them. This is a creation with all leftovers our fridge had to offer. So feel free to replace ingredients if something is missing or you prefer to add another ingredient.
Make it as hot and spicy as you like. This depends absolutely on our individual mood and taste but in general we are in team spicy! Enjoy 🙂
Potatoes and toppings
- 1 small carrot
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 cup (250ml) fresh pineapple
- 1 onion
- 2-3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup (250ml) frozen peas
- ½ can chickpeas
- ½ cup (125ml) coconut cream
- 2 tbsp. tomato concentrate
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. green curry paste
- 1 cup (250ml) basmati rice
- 1.75 cups (400ml) water
- a handful of fresh coriander
- a handful of peanuts
- sesame seeds
- Hollow out pineapple with a sharp knife and dice the pineapple fruit flesh.
- Mince onions, garlic and carrots.
- Sauté first carrots, then add onions and garlic for about 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent in a big pot.
- Cut bell peppers in cubes and mince the coriander stalks.
- Add bell peppers,coriander stalks, spices, salt and tomato concentrate to the cooking pot and sauté für another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut cream, peas, chickpeas and the flesh of the pineapple.
- Reduce the heat to lower heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes (stir from time to time).
- If it becomes too dry, add water.
- Rinse basmati rice, then fill a sauce pan with 1.75 cups (400ml) of water and bring to boil, add some salt to taste. Add the rice to the water and wait until the water boils again. After that turn down heat to the lowest level and let it simmer with closed lid for 15 minutes. After that take the rice off the heat and let it sit for another 5 minutes. Stir with a fork to loosen it up.
- Serve the curry with basmati rice in the pinapple and garnish with coriander leaves, sesame and peanuts.