Peanut butter bites
Servings: 15 Time: 30 minutes (plus waiting times) Difficulty: easy
Before we adopted a vegan lifestyle, you ALWAYS would have found Nils and me at the duty free shop when traveling to buy some of our favorite peanut butter cups in an extra large package. We just loved these sweet and salty cups of happiness. After we went vegan this tradition got lost as these particular peanut butter cups were not available in a dairy-free variety.
But now we have discovered an even better alternative we want to share with you: VEGAN PEANUT BUTTER BITES with the sweetness of sweet potatoes. Our result was much better than expected, in fact we liked it so much that we were tempted to call them the perfect snack! Peanut butter is just out of this world, right? And the slightly salty taste together with the chocolate is such a great combination. The popped amaranth makes it a bit lighter and the peanut in the center gives the extra crunch. We just love these little bites.
But be warned that if you love peanut butter as much as we do, you won’t be able to stop eating these little beauties. A great taste, much (or at least a bit ;)) healthier with the sweetness of sweet potato plus they are so easy to make. You are going to love these homemade peanut butter bites!
- 1 small size sweet potato (125g)
- 2.5-3 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. maple sirup
- 5 tbsp. popped amaranth
- 1 tbsp. Chia seeds
- some salted peanuts
- chocolate to cover (75g)
- Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Prick the sweet potato all over with a fork and place it on a baking sheet. Bake it in the pre-heated oven to for approximately 25 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Mix the peanut butter, maple sirup, popped amaranth and chia seeds with the sweet potato in a mixing bowl and leave it in the fridge for an hour to rest and become firm.
- Form little balls with your hands and put in each ball one salted peanut.
- Leave them again in the fridge and in the meantime melt the chocolate couverture in a small bowl over a pan of simmering hot water.
- Dip the balls with two forks in the melted chocolate and decorate them with popped amaranth and chopped peanuts.
- Let them cool until the chocolate is firm. Enjoy!