Crispy chocolate bars
Servings: 9-12 bars Preparation time: 15 minutes Difficulty: easy
Summer is slowly coming to an end. We can’t believe that we are starting to having colder temperatures here in Switzerland. We love summer, the heat, going to the lake, having BBQ’s with friends. But we also don’t mind cooler weather (okay, the winter here is way too long) but in general we love to have four different seasons.
Sure, when the weather is nice, the last thing we want is to stay inside in the kitchen, right? In addition some ingredients are melting faster when it’s hot or feel too heavy in the stomach. But with the slowly changing weather it’s time to wake up those sleeping beauties again. CHOCOLATE for instance.
These crispy chocolate bars with lots of nuts and dried soft apricots are an airy and light snack for the colder seasons. If you are craving some chocolate, nut and fruit combo, these crispy chocolate bars are perfect for you. Enjoy!
- 30g popped rice
- 25g salted peanuts
- 50g mixed nuts
- 25g dried apricots
- 10g chia seeds
- 10g coconut flakes
- 1 tbsp. goji berries
- 1 tbsp. pistachios
- 125g dark chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl over a pan of simmering hot water.
- In the meantime mix the popped rice, nuts, coconut and chia seeds in a mixing bowl.
- Cut the apricots in small pieces and add them to the mixing bowl.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the ingredients in the bowl and stir the mixture with a spoon until all ingredients are covered with chocolate.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and pour the mixture inside.
- Press the mixture in the loaf tin with a spoon to prevent air pockets.
- Decorate it with the goji berries and chopped pistachios before setting it aside to cool and get firm.
- Cut into bars and enjoy them directly out of the fridge.