Kidney bean burger patties
Servings: 6 patties Preparime: 20 mins Difficulty: easy
If you’ve been following us for some time on our Instagram account you’re probably no stranger to our burger obsession.
We have loved burgers forever. We loved them before we went vegan and we love them now even more. This kidney bean patty is so good. The texture is great, it’s juicy and so full of flavor. And the good thing is, every one likes it. Vegans like it and meat eaters like it. YES! Great, right? And we are sure, if we would have a dog, even he would like it.
When we think about burgers patties there is no way to get a really good one in the supermarket. If making them from scratch seems like a big deal to you, we’ll proof you wrong! 🙂 It’s such an easy recipe we like to make when friends or family come over. And they always absolutely like it.
So the pattie is done, no it comes to your creativity: Assemble the burger with everything you like. We used beet root hummus, gurkins and tomato.
For us potato wedges are a must as side dish.
- 3 tbsp. ground flex seeds
- 1 can kidney beans (~250g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 60 g rolled oats
- 1 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. rosemary
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 150 g champignons
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 small onions
- 40 g walnuts
- Dice the onions and the garlic and slice the mushrooms.
- Chop the walnuts.
- Let the ground flex seeds swell in 3 tbsp. water in a small cup.
- Sautee the diced onions for 3 to 5 minutes in a pan until translucent and add the garlic for another minute
- Add the sliced champinions for another 5 minutes to the pan, then set the onion and mushroom mixture aside.
- Pulse 2/3 of the kidney beans in a food processor together with the rolled oats.
- In a large bowl, combine now all ingredients.
- Form the mixture to 5-6 patties (about thumb thick)
- Before you fry them let the patties rest for at least 30 minutes. They dry a bit and become more stable.
- Fry the patties on each side for around 3 minutes in a pan with oil on medium/high heat.
- We had the patties on a burger with beetroot hummus. To have a real feast potato wedges shouldn’t be missed. Really good, try it. Enjoy!