Servings: 6 muffins Time: 50 minutes Difficulty: easy
This recipe is the classic love affair. Apple meets crumble and magic happens when cinnamon is involved.
The great thing about the dough is, that it is just sweetened by sweet potato and a little agave syrup. A moist texture of pumpkin with some crunchy walnuts make this muffin-dream complete.
Welcome to crumbly crumble-heaven!
* And if it’s not pumpkin season and you do not have pumpkin puree, just use more sweet potato, a banana or apple sauce instead. Give your creativity the space it needs 🙂
For the dough
- 250g sweet potatoes (1 cup)
- 100g pumpkin puree (½ cup)
- 4 tbsp. agave syrup
- 100 g dried raisins (2/3 cup)
- 65g oil
- 100 ml almond milk/ soy milk
- 100 g ground almonds (3/4 cup)
- 80 g flour (2/3 cup)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon (or more)
- ¼ tsp. natron
- a pinch of salt
- 2 apples
- 1 hand full of walnuts
For the crumble
- 75g flour
- 50g butter
- 35g sugar
- a bit cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
Let´s start to prepare:
- Pre-heat your oven to 150°C (356°F).
Prick the sweet potatoes all over with a fork and place them on a baking sheet. Bake them in the pre-heated oven to for around 20 minutes. When they are soft, leave them to cool. (if you use fresh pumpkin, cut it in slices and bake it together with the sweet potato).
- Soak the raisins in 100ml almond milk (or the milk of your choice, we shouldn’t be too strict with the details 😉 )
- To prepare the crumble, the ingredients for the crumble should have room temperature. Mix them together with your hand in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut the apples with or without peel (as you prefer) in cubes and mix them with roughly chopped walnuts.
Now we are ready to make the dough:
- Put pumpkin, sweet potato (without skin) and soaked raisins with milk into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix with a fork until everything is combined.
- Transfer the dough into cup cake cups and cover them with the apple-walnut mix.
- Cover the apple layer with the prepared crumble.
- Bake in the pre heated oven (180°C) for 25 minutes. But keep an eye on it, because it really depends on your oven and your bake tin.
- Enjoy the muffins lukewarm with a spoon of plant-based ice cream or let them chill them for a while and eat them cold.