Servings: 1 baking tin (11inch/28cm) Time: 30 mins Difficulty: easy
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sunflower oil
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sparkling water
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 pinch vanilla or 1 tsp. vanilla sugar
- 1 tbsp. apple sauce
- 1 pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. (175 degrees C.).
- In a large bowl sift the flour and add all dry ingedients as we have sugar, baking powder, vanilla and salt.
- Then add the wet ingredients.
- Beat shortly at a medium speed until completely combined (not too long because of the sparkling water). Now the dough has the consistence of heavy cream.
- Pour the batter into a round baking tin (11 inches/28cm) lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes (make the toothpick test, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake, when it comes out clean, it is done).
- Let it cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the cake completely cooled down, cook a vanilla pudding (of 250 ml milk) and topp it with the fruits of your choice. Let it cool again in the fridge until serving. Enjoy 🙂